About Aadhaar Card
An identification system which is termed as unique or other identification number has been adopted by India to protect the requirements of individuals residing in the country. The individual identification system is quite popular in several nations because it enables the government of India to channelize the targeted services to the individuals as well as enhance the security and safety of the nation. For instance, in USA, this is referred to as a Social Security Number. This is a nine-digit code that is issued to the permanent citizens of USA along with the temporary citizens working there. This concept has been adopted by India, and the Aadhaar card system came into existence.
Check Aadhaar Update History
The other issuing authority UIDAI has made several provisions for individuals for checking the Aadhaar update history shown on the official website. This feature actually enables the users to check the exact history of Aadhaar details update request. When someone changes his mobile number, address or email address, it is possible for him to update the same in his Aadhaar card. This update is usually stored under the update request number or URN in the database of UIDAI. Users can get the demographic and biometric details updated offline. And, the updated details can be easily viewed online.
How can you check the Aadhaar update history online?
When users visit the UIDAI portal, they can view the Aadhaar update history online. It is important to register your mobile number in the database of UIDAI in order to avail this facility. The following steps need to be executed for checking the Aadhaar update history:
- Visit the portal of UIDAI
- Choose the ‘Aadhaar update history’ tab located under the ‘Aadhaar update’ section
- Now enter your Virtual ID or Aadhaar number along with the security code
- You need to select if you want to generate the TOTP code from the mAadhaar application or one-time-password on your registered phone number.
- Select the option to “Send OTP”. A want time password will be directly and immediately sent registered number.
- Again, the time-based OTP that is generated in the mAadhaar application can also be used for authentication
- Now, click on the submit button
- You can view all the updates on your screen, irrespective of whether they are performed offline or online or in demographic or biometric data.
What are the details mentioned in the Aadhaar update history?
The details which you can view on the screen usually contain the below-mentioned information:
The update request number is generated when the request is placed. This URN code is used for checking the update request status.
The user photo is properly displayed on the screen
Demographic, biometric or new request
Details like mobile number, name, date of birth, email id and address are mentioned in the Aadhaar
The exact date of update
It signifies the date of submitting your request for updating the Aadhaar details.
Time and date of checking
The actual time and date for checking your Aadhaar update will be mentioned on your screen
What are the features of Aadhaar update history?
- Aadhaar virtual ID can be used to check the Aadhaar update history
- The changes made in the Aadhaar details will be available to you
- If you find that none of the updates are displayed on the screen but you have performed them previously, immediately report the same to you UIDAI without delay.
- Only the individual whose Aadhaar update history is being updated can access the details.
- This facility is impossible to access offline. Even if you visit the Aadhaar Enrollment Centre in your region, it is impossible for the executive to provide you with these details.
What do you need to keep in mind while checking the Aadhaar update history?
- Your phone number should be linked with the other in order to use this latest facility
- If mAadhaar application is already installed in your mobile then you can simply enter the TOTP available for authentication instead of the OTP code sent to your mobile number.
- The updates available till now will be completely made available on your screen
- The results cannot be downloaded in any way
- You can just take a screenshot of the available results to store it for future reference.
Aadhaar Virtual ID
The Aadhaar virtual ID comprises of a 16 digit temporary court which is used for Aadhaar authentications. The UIDAI virtual ID can be provided two agencies instead of the Aadhaar number in order to protect the details of your Aadhaar card from being accessed by third parties. The virtual it can also be used for e-KYC at government and private organizations. The society has been started by UIDAI and it came into complete enforcement on June 1, 2018. This id has been developed in order to address the problems related to breach of Aadhaar data. It is almost next to impossible to track down the Aadhaar number from the provided virtual ID. This virtual ID can also be used for downloading Aadhaar card from the UIDAI portal.
The virtual ID can be defined as an alternative option to the Aadhaar number and this temporary code consisting of 16 numerals is generated against an individual’s Aadhaar number. Under no circumstances, this virtual ID can be used for the retrieval of the original Aadhaar number. Only one virtual ID is created against a specific Aadhaar number and the users can generate this id repeatedly. The code is usually valid for 24 hours and can be easily changed with changes in date and time.
11 steps to be followed for generating your Aadhaar virtual ID online
Users need to generate the virtual IDs against their respective Aadhaar numbers. Users need to visit the official site of UIDAI for generating the codes. It is also possible that the VID generation feature becomes accessible in the mAadhaar application in the future. It is important to note that users need to have their mobile number registered with the UIDAI in order to avail this service. The Virtual ID will be directly sent to the registered mobile number of the user. For those who do not have the mobile number registered with UIDAI, need to first complete the process of linking the mobile number with Aadhaar card. The exact process for retrieving the virtual ID is similar to that of VID generation. The following steps need to be executed in order to generate your Aadhaar virtual ID:
Why is the Aadhaar virtual ID important?
Several cases of Aadhaar data leakage have been reported. Individuals have now become highly concerned about the safety of Aadhaar details. The virtual ID concept has been developed by UIDAI in order to address the rising concerns of individuals. If you provide the virtual ID code to agencies instead of your Aadhaar, they cannot retrieve your Aadhaar number. But the authentication service can be executed smoothly. Thus, the agencies will not be able to access your Aadhaar details, keeping it safe from third parties and hackers.
The virtual ID can be generated by other holders and used for authentication for specific services. As soon as the authentication service is completed, the virtual ID can be generated by the applicant. So, even if an agency saves your Aadhaar details illegally, it will be rendered useless.
What are the features of Aadhaar virtual ID
Several upgrades have been made by UIDAI in its system using the virtual ID. Some of the features are in listed below for your convenience:
- Only a single virtual ID can be issued at a specific time. When a new virtual ID is generated, the old one is automatically flushed out.
- The virtual ID is nothing but a temporary 16 digit code that can easily replace your Aadhaar for authentication
- No cap is applicable to the virtual ID generation
- The old virtual ID is valid until the user generates the new one
- Agencies are not authorized to store Aadhaar details or the virtual ID taken for the purpose of authentication
- No agency can ever force an application to provide the Aadhaar number for verification or e KYC
- Every agency needs to take consent from users for Aadhaar authentication using the virtual ID
- In the case of retrieving the Aadhaar, the previously generated virtual ID is directly sent to your registered phone number
- It is not all mandatory to generate virtual ID and users can furnish their Aadhaar numbers instead of the virtual IDs.
FAQs related to UIDAI virtual ID
Can I get a virtual ID even if I do not hold an Aadhaar card?
The virtual ID is created against the Aadhaar card number and so if you do not have an Aadhaar card; it is not possible to create a virtual ID. You first need to apply for an Aadhaar card. After the other number is generated, you can go for the virtual ID.
Can I generate the virtual ID if I have the enrolment ID?
Virtual ID can be generated only against your Aadhaar number. The ID generation service from the enrolment number has not yet been provided.
Can I generate my virtual ID even if my mobile number is not linked with Aadhaar card?
It is mandatory to link your mobile number with Aadhaar in order to avail the online facilities. Users who have not yet link their mobile numbers with their Aadhaar cards should immediately visit the nearby Aadhaar Enrollment Center. After this, the virtual ID can be created.